University of South Florida | 2012-2014 | Master of Arts in Mass Communications with a concentration in Media Studies
My course of study for my M.A. included both strategic communications and media studies. Throughout the program, I engaged with new media and digital communications to ensure my research and skills were relevant and balanced.
Thesis: An Examination of Motives, Experiences, and Behaviors of MMORPG Players
University of South Florida | 2009-2011 | Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
This program focused on both literary analysis and criticism and research organization and writing. These skills translate into written and oral communication and have helped in many capacities for my professional development. My personal curriculum was focused on British literature, which culminated in my Honors Thesis titled Alice's Adventures and Bleak House: Authors, Illustrators, and Victorian Professional Networking.
University of South Florida | 2019 - Present
Judy Genshaft Honors College | Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct instructor for the Judy Genshaft Honors College. I teach two special topics courses: Young Adult Literature: Representations of Youth in 21st Century Fiction and Making Magic: Creativity, Lore and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Both of these classes are Honors Arts and Humanities courses that meet USF's General Education Requirements and are designed to promote critical thinking and creativity in the classroom. Syllabi are available upon request.
University of Tampa | 2015 - Present
Visiting Assistant Professor | Adjunct Instructor
Visiting Assistant Professor (2017-2018 academic year) and Adjunct Instructor (2015-2017, 2018- Present) in the Department of Communication. I teach Principles of Public Relations, Writing for Public Relations, Writing for Advertising, and Introduction to Organizational Communication. I strive to help students become effective communicators and writers in their chosen field and help them build strong portfolios for use upon graduation.
Ampersand Digital, Inc. | 2016 - Present
Through Ampersand Digital, Inc. I work with several organizations and agencies to provide digital content and advertising solutions. This includes content curation, web design, and digital advertising through a variety of mediums.
University of South Florida | 2012-Present
Academic Marketing Coordinator
As an Academic Marketing Coordinator in the College of Behavioral and Community Sciences, I manage promotional efforts for academic programs for undergraduate and graduate students across the university and in the community. This also includes developing media, including video and websites for several different departments and college-wide initiatives. I have also worked extensively on a contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs' Center on Homelessness Among Veterans to develop and maintain an online training for incoming community integration specialists nationwide.
· Created marketing plans to promote the behavioral healthcare major
· Department met 5-year goals in 9 months
· Created and edited spotlight interviews and promotional videos for MHLP and CBCS
· Wrote stories for MHLP and CBCS events, research, and informational releases
· Assisted dissemination unit for MHLP in creating and distributing research and training publications
· Assisted in development and publication of newsletters
University of South Florida | 2011-2015
Graduate Teaching Assistant | Adjunct Instructor
Served as a graduate teaching assistant for Photojournalism 1 in my first year as a graduate student, then became an instructor in my final year teaching Writing for Public Relations. I continued teaching that course until 2015.
The Victory Group | 2014-2016
Digital Advertising Specialist | Web Designer
At the Victory Group I worked on several high-profile campaigns to provide digital advertising for elections and political action committees. This included video advertising, traditional display advertising, and highly-targeted social media campaigns where I was responsible for creating visuals, developing the advertising strategy and audience targeting, and executing the campaign. Campaigns and clients included The Everglades Foundation, Mayor Philip Levine of Miami Beach, Congressman Dan Webster, Congressman Vern Buchanan, Congressman David Jolly, Congressional Candidate Fred Costello, The Seminole Tribe of Florida, Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence
You Can Learn, Inc. | 2011-2012
Director of Content
You Can Learn, Inc. was a start-up educational app company that worked in adaptive learning. My role included directing content for the applications and for company documents and marketing material as well as gathering research on the evolving pedagogy surrounding adaptive learning technology.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & AWARDS
- Sixth Annual Graduate Student & Postdoctoral Scholar Research Symposium Participant and Award Recipient | 2014
- Kappa Tau Alpha Top Scholar Award | 2014
- Mass Communications Merit Scholarship Award Recipient | 2013
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude with Bachelor of Arts in English Literature Degree | 2011
- President & Founder of Creative Writers' Club at USF | 2010
TRAINING & TEACHING
- Served as an instructor at the University of South Florida for two years and at the University of Tampa for three years.
- Facilitated the development of curriculum and creation of the online training for the Department of Veterans Affairs' Community Integration Specialist training
- Conducted several small-scale software training at the University of South Florida's College of Behavioral and Community Sciences
- Facilitate customized trainings within organizations for online presence maintenance
- Design curricula based on student needs and skill levels
- Incorporate creative teaching methods and exercises in classroom settings
- Assist students in finding internships and employment